- Service Finance
- P06 - P07 £47,274 - £54,174 pa
- Full Time - 35 hours per week
- 7 Newington Barrow Way
- P06 - P07 £47,274 - £54,174 pa
- 22/01/2020 23:59
We are seeking a self-motivated finance professional who is looking for a challenging role and further develop their skills. The successful candidate will be part of a forward thinking and dynamic team which is organised around business themes in order to provide an effective, flexible and responsive financial management and accounting service to the Council.
• To provide professional financial advice and support to service users, budget holders and Strategic Managers
• Playing a key in role in the budgeting, forecasting and planning processes
• Financial modelling, analysis and presentation of findings to senior stakeholders
• Effective management and delivery of projects
• Building, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders
• Development and refinement of management accounting and reporting processes and enhanced business analysis
• Supporting the completion of statutory financial accounts
• Ensuring adherence with the Council’s and division’s policies and procedures
• Implement and promote compliance with processes and procedures surrounding creation of the annual budget and forecasts
• Provide advice and analysis on the financial consequences of business decisions and evaluation of service development options
Qualifications, skills and experience sought:
• Significant management accounting experience
• Qualified or part qualified CCAB, preferably CIPFA
• Exceptional financial and analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and financial systems
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong leadership and motivational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer focus
• Team player
The roles will be support one of the following areas:
- Corporate Accountancy,
In return you will be offered an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous annual leave and flexible working.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd January 2020 at 23:59
Interview date: TBC
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Mumba Mumba on 020 7527 2432
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Tel: 020 7527 2432