New Build Development Project Manager
Local Government (NJC): P05 £45,594 - £48,576 p.a
- Residential Housing, Mixed use Development, Leading consultant teams
- Local Government (NJC): P05 £45,594 - £48,576 p.a
- Full time - 35 hours per week
- Islington Town Hall
- £45,594 - £48,576 p.a
- 08/08/2021 23:59
We're determined to make Islington fairer. To create a place where everyone, whatever their background, has the opportunity to reach their potential and enjoy a good quality of life.
We also have an ambitious goal – to be the best council in the country – with every employee clear about the part they play and inspired, focused and supported to give their very best.
We want to build an organisation where employees feel valued, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our goals and provide the best services possible to our residents.
Our values and behaviours
‘Be Islington’ is about setting a clear challenge about what it means to be an Islington employee and sets the standard for every new recruit.
We ask our employees to ‘Be Islington’ – playing their part in working together for a fairer borough and to always be collaborative, be ambitious, be resourceful, and be empowering (‘CARE’).
NEW HOMES DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER
Come and join Islington’s New Build team at this exciting time as we embark on an ambitious house building plan to tackle the housing crisis. Established in 2009, we have completed over 30 schemes since we began, making us one of the most active house building boroughs for completed schemes in London. We are expanding our team to increase our capacity to deliver even more genuinely affordable new homes in Islington.
We are seeking experienced Project Managers who can help us deliver high quality, new residential and mixed use development schemes to support our belief that a secure and affordable place to call home is key to helping people achieve their potential and enjoy a good quality of life.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate experience of working in a housing development or related field and an understanding of housing and regeneration issues in a diverse, inner city environment.
You will have the skills and relevant experience to:
- Lead on and manage through all RIBA stages a portfolio of large-scale and complex new build projects
- Manage multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of highly qualified professionals and other development delivery staff
- To drive delivery and manage performance of your project team
- To use extensive development knowledge, skills and experience to drive delivery and mitigate risks to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget and achieve value for money and meet the project milestones
- Be the principal point of contact and engage effectively with a wide range of key stakeholders
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with all relevant policies, legislation and procedures and help to record lessons learned with an aim to continually improve development delivery
- Prepare reports and provide information in order to achieve all key stage approvals and various performance monitoring requirements
If this is you and you want to be part of our ambitious team working to deliver genuinely affordable new homes in Islington, then we want to hear from you.
For further information about the role please see the recruitment pack.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Stephen Nash on 020 7527 6337 or Dave Ronan on 020 7527 7579.
To apply please submit an application by no later than 8th August 2021 @ 23:59pm.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Stephen Nash
- Job title
- Head of Strategic Investment and Delivery
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 7527 6337
- Additional information
Alternative contact: Dave Ronan 020 7527 7579
If you have problems applying, contact
7 Newington Barrow Way