- Business Administration
- Training Grade LLW £19,254 p.a.
- Fixed Term - 15 months
- Part time 28 hours per week
- 7 Newington Barrow Way, N7 7EP
- Training Grade LLW £19,254 p.a.
- 02/02/2020 23:59
Business Administration Apprenticeship Pathway
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary.
Our Business Administration Apprenticeship Pathway consists of an up to 15-month long opportunity to build on your organisational and communication skills and apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards a Business Administration qualification. Following the initial application process successful applicants will work within either our Resources or People’s Departments.
The Job - Working in Business Administration for the Council you will:
- Deliver a range of administrative functions such as diary management, photocopying, scanning, filing and responding to requests for information via email, letter and telephone calls
- Maintain and update records and support teams with data entry and numerical data
- Develop professional relationships with your own team and with others who we work alongside and provide services to
- Build on your existing communication skills, gain invaluable experience and build your self-confidence through your day-to-day workplace activities
Training and Development - Within your role you will:
- Complete a Level 2 qualification in Business Administration funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement)
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Business Administration Pathway is ideal for people with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task and the motivation to contribute ideas and support their team.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- Not currently be qualified in Business Administration at level 2 or above
Closing Date: Sunday 2 February 2020 at 23:59
Assessment Day: 25 February 2020
Apprenticeship Start Date: March/April 2020
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Apprenticeships Team - Tel: 020 7527 1885