- Teaching Assistant
- Local Government (NJC): Scale 4
- Fixed Term to July 2020
- 35 hours per week
- Prior Weston Primary School and Children's Centre, Golden Lane Campus, 101 Whitecross Street, Islington, London, EC1Y 8JA
- Actual Salary Range: £20,758 - £21,900 per annum
- 04/02/2020 23:59
Salary Grade Range: Scale 4, Spine Point 8-11
Actual Salary Range: £20,758 - £21,900 per annum
Full time, 35 hours per week, term time only
Fixed term contract to July 2020
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant for Prior Weston School and Children’s Centre.
Have you got:
- The ability to work as part of a team?
- The desire to work in a modern building and environment in the heart of Central London?
We are looking for an experienced teaching assistant who has:
- Demonstrable levels of numeracy and literacy equivalent to GCSE.
- Previous experience of working with primary school aged children.
- Experience working 1:1 with pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
- Able to deliver a range of exciting and creative activities.
- An understanding of the learning, play and development needs of the children and how school activities can support children’s educational attainment and achievement.
In return, we can offer:
- A newly formed Senior Leadership Team (SLT) who are eager to work in partnership with the staff, children, parents and governors to make Prior Weston truly outstanding.
- An enthusiastic staff team and supportive Governing Body.
- Keen parents and enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn.
- Encouragement and support with your training and development.
- A great location! Prior Weston is located opposite the mouth-watering Whitecross Street food market, alongside the Barbican centre with busy and diverse restaurants and bars. It’s a stone’s throw away from St Paul’s Cathedral, the River Thames and many other Central London sights and attractions.
Closing date: Midnight Tuesday 4th February 2020
Interview dates: 14th and 15th February 2020
Prior Weston Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations the successful applicant will be required to declare.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Visits to the school are encouraged and are available by contacting the office on 020 7786 4800.