Teaching Assistant with Midday Meals Responsibility
Scale 4, Spine point 8 - 11
- Teaching Assistant with Midday Meals Responsibility
- Scale 4, Spine point 8 - 11
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time - 35 hours per week (Term Time only)
- Duncombe Primary School, Sussex Way, London N19 4JA
- Islington, London
- £21,331 - £22,904 per annum (actual salary)
- 01/08/2021 23:59
TEACHING ASSISTANT WITH MIDDAY MEALS RESPONSIBILITY
- Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week; Term time only
- Salary Grade: Scale 4, Spine point 8 - 11
- Actual Salary Range: £21,331 - £22,904 per annum
- Required 01 September 2021
This is a genuinely exciting time to join Duncombe Primary School as we continue on our developmental journey of Good to Outstanding. We are looking to appoint an exceptional Teaching Assistant to join the school. We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant to support children in a variety of ways, including those with special educational needs.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Can demonstrate successful experience of working in a primary setting with children who have SEND.
- Can work as part of the staff team at the direction of the Class Teacher / Deputy Headteacher (Inclusion Manager) to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
- At the direction of Class Teachers, can help to organise activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
- Is highly motivated and energetic.
- Has high standards and expectations.
- Can supervise and manage children's behaviour effectively.
- Relates to children with patience, kindness, firmness and good humour.
- Deals with pupils in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Has a passion for helping children develop their social and emotional skills.
- Is able to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Shortlisting and Virtual/face to face interviews will take place as follows;
Closing date: Midnight, 1st August 2021
Shortlisting: w/c 2nd August 2021
Interviews: w/c 10th August 2021
Duncombe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- School Office
- Email address